FCC Restricting Wireless Mic Frequencies
The FCC announced in early 2017 that they will begin prohibiting customers from operating wireless microphones in the 600 MHz frequency band. Your system may be affected. If your current wireless system is affected we will help you trade in your old 600 MHz gear towards new wireless gear from Sennheiser.
Sennheiser Is Offering Up To $600 Rebate On Wireless Mic Systems When You Trade In Your Affected System.
Offer Ends June 30, 2018!
Sennheiser 600 MHz Wireless Trade-in Offer
1. Check The Operating Frequency Range
To check if your current wireless will be affected, look for a printed sticker on your equipment indicating its frequency range.
Wireless mics and monitoring systems are currently allowed to operate from 470 – 698 MHz. In the next few years, FCC will limit operation to 470 – 608 MHz. While the majority of wireless systems in use today will be unaffected, customers with systems that operate above 608 MHz will, unfortunately, need to discontinue use and migrate to new frequency ranges.
2. Purchase New Wireless From S&L
Sennheiser offers a wide range of wireless mics and monitoring systems for any budget, which fully complies with current and future FCC rules and regulations.
Choose from the following wireless series:
- XS Wireless | Recommended Frequency: A
- Evolution wireless G3 | Recommended Frequency: A1| A | G
- Evolution wireless D1 | Recommended Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- AVX and SpeechLine DW | Recommended Frequency: 1.9 GHz
- 2000 Series | Recommended Frequency: Aw
- 3000 / 5000 Series | Recommended Frequency: L
- Digital 6000 | Recommended Frequency: A1 – A4
3. Send In Your Old 600 Mhz Wireless Gear
Along with the old system send the following information:
- A copy of your dated sales receipt. Purchases must be made from June 14th-Dec 31st 2017.
- UPC codes off the sides of your new Sennheiser boxes (no photocopies accepted)
- Trade-In form available below.
- Send your old wireless sales receipt with the UPC code and completed trade-in form to the address listed on the form.
- To be eligible your traded wireless equipment must operate in the 600 MHz band. Any manufacturer make or model will be accepted for trade-in rebate provided it operates in 600 MHz.